Ben Spalding Small Plate Sessions
You work hard. Now it’s time to play hard. Ben Spalding and his Puzzle Projects team have announced their new summer restaurant – and it’s set to be London’s HOTTEST ticket. Small Plate Sessions @ The Last Days of Shoreditch is described as ‘high-energy, punk tapas in a fully immersive but relaxed environment’. Food will be available between 5pm-11pm on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings from 25th May-26th August 2017, with the food offering split between two areas.
• A buzzing 50-cover mezzanine restaurant with an Ascentia kitchen (and cutlery in a pot on the table). Expect delicious, innovative dishes like Gressingham Duck Breast cooked in a Chocolate Salt Crust, Chicken Skin Sandwich, Black Cod Ceviche with Iced Kaffir Lime, Hot & Cold San Marzano Tomato or the famous ‘Chicken on a Brick’. For dessert, try Lemongrass Vs Ginger or the outrageously moreish Cookie Dough Milkshake in a Shovel.
• A relaxed no-reservation terrace and bar overlooking the festival, serving dishes cooked in a Mibrasa charcoal oven such as Barbecue Crack Rib for two, Cornish Monkfish roasted on the bone, Charred Lamb Minute Steak cooked rare with Crispy Garlic & Lemon Thyme and Silky Charcoal Holy F*ck Fudge drenched in Rum and set on fire.
Tickets are on sale now and available from this website (with a handful held back for walk-ins on the night) at £28 each, which includes any four dishes from the evolving menu of delicious, inventive small plates on offer that day. If after those four dishes you want to try more, no problem; once you’re there, you can order as many additional individual dishes as you like. These will be priced between £4 – £12 per dish, with equal love and attention given to vegan, vegetarian & all dietary requirements.
To complement The Last Days Of Shoreditch music programme, Ben is personally curating the music line-up on multiple dates. The hugely respected producer and DJ Gary Poulter (AKA ‘Chuggin Edits’) has a residency, with other DJs from across Europe including Ray Mang (Mangled) and Jack C (Krankbrother Resident) making regular appearances and further special sets from artists such as Get Down Edits, Antony Difrancesco & more.
Tickets are on sale now and available from the website www.benspalding.co.uk. (Please note that, whilst entry to The Last Days of Shoreditch is free, entry to the mezzanine restaurant at Small Plate Sessions is strictly ticket only, so please pre-book to avoid disappointment.)
To complement the key elements of food and music, Ben has drafted in some serious talent from a range of creative industries:
• Paris-based artist Christopher Hibbert will exhibit his unique light paintings in the restaurant
• Acorn AV (the team behind the audiovisuals at London Fashion Week) are putting on a pioneering live feed AV show
• Gypsy Hill Brewery will be bringing the kegs to complement the irresistible unique wine and cocktail menu
• Jamie Maxwell, PuzzleProjects’s film-maker, will be capturing the action (in trademark Ninja style)
• Lighting and design by the PuzzleProjects events team.